Algonquins of Greater Golden Lake
Community Meeting Minutes
December 8, 2002
The community meeting of the Algonquins
of Greater Golden Lake was called to order at
1:00 PM on Dec 08, 2002 in Petawawa, Ontario.
- Lynn Gehl
Opening Prayer - Patrick
Community Update - from the Chair Patrick
- Overview and brief discussion of proposed negotiator Billy Diamond
- Overview of the proposed negotiation talks - negotiations funding open
discussion in regards to a 50-50 split between Pikwākanagān and ANTC initially
for the end quarter.
- Overview of population numbers - status represented by AGGL and the
effect of split families due to status/non-status, on reserve - off reserve and
blood quantum vs. descent.
Harvest - Ray Pappin
- Overview of the moose hunt with associated problems of animal seizures.
- Petawawa Forest - access through Jan 15 - to be re-affirmed.
- proposals were made to have a better TAG and monitoring system with
less or zero MNR control.
- discussion on availability and harvesting of wild turkeys with
harvesting parameters for next meeting.
- queries on mixed hunting groups aboriginal and sports hunters and
- Ray Pappin to investigate and advise.
- Skip Ross.
- overview of elders program to be initiated involving teachings.
- proposed group of elders 65+ to establish elder requirements. -
- first meeting to be at Pikwakanagan Medical Centre.
- Pikwakanagan Med Centre for all Algonquins both status and non-status.
- need for more ceremony and tradition in meetings and happenings.
- tickets were raffled for prizes of Moose (MNR) CD's, a book, and a gourd
$20.00 was put in the Ladies
Auxiliary coffee can and the remaining $42.00 was retained by the chair to
purchase an extra large binder.
a Human Rights handout was distributed by the chair for reading and
discussion at the next meeting.
The next general meeting will be at 1:00 PM on Feb. 9, 2003, in Petawawa,
was adjourned at 3:45
made at Feb 9, 2003 meeting to these accept minutes.
Motion by- Tom Godin
Seconded by- Randy Driscoll
Page created by: muckwa
Changes last made on: February 25, 2003.