of Greater Golden Lake
First Nation - (AGGLFN)
protocol must be established regarding membership that would address dual
representation and attendance of meetings.
Therefore be it resolved that,
· No Algonquin may be compelled to be represented by any organization.
· Representation is a personal choice made by Algonquins.
· No Algonquin may be dually represented.
No Algonquin may be harassed in any
manner regarding their representation within the nation,
or lack of representation.
· All members of the AGGLFN and the BAFN must meet the eligibility requirements of the ANTC.
No member of the AGGLFN or the BAFN may
possess a “Red Line Card” issued by the
former BAC-BMA in Petawawa.
AGGLFN and the BAFN shall
cross-reference its membership at regular meetings to address
dual representation concerns.
· The most recently dated representation form shall supersede any other form held by any other entity.
Either party that disputes the
representation of any Algonquin shall use a form letter devised and fully
approved by both parties.
· All information in relation to the protocol will be dealt with in a confidential manner and without prejudice.
Negotiations are conducted with mutual
respect for each group and dedicated to reaching
positive resolutions in a membership protocol.
· This protocol is implemented within the month of April, 2004.
· All further protocol items will be forwarded to the respective Chief, thirty days prior to any protocol negotiations meeting.
· Any member of the AGGLFN or the BAFN may attend any meeting of AGGLFN or BAFN.
· All Elders are welcome to attend any Elders meeting of the AGGLFN or the BAFN.
Page created by: muckwa
Changes last made on: March 4, 2004.